BETAFPV SuperD ELRS is the first True Diversity Receiver that applies two antennas, dual receiver chains, and TCXO (temperature compensated crystal oscillator) tech, achieving a super accurate frequency rate and excellent performance in extreme temperature environments. It offers 2.4GHz and 915MHz/868MHz versions, and greatly fulfills the requirements of reliability for long-range flying, aerial photography, or FPV freestyle tricks.
- A true diversity receiver with two complete RF receiver chains (referring to dual SX1280/SX1281 or dual SX1276), based on the latest official ExprssLRS. It comes with ExpressLRS V3.0.0 firmware.
- Ultralight weight is only 1.1g without the antenna. The receiver board features a reasonable layout and is impeccably clean. Very easy to solder.
- Two Dipole T antennas will create an omnidirectional signal for good signal transmission. Placing the antenna separately and vertically as far apart as possible to get a better signal is recommended.
- Not only it is used for FPV drones but also for FPV fixed-wing, or other FPV aircraft. It has superb performance in long-range flying.
- The first true diversity receiver for the 915MHz/868MHz frequency bands, with two separate receiving modules working together to improve signal reception quality and overall reliability.
- The 900MHz radio system exhibits greater diffraction ability due to its lower frequency, while the 2.4GHz systems tend to be directional and susceptible to attenuation caused by buildings, foliage, or moisture.
- Item: BETAFPV SuperD ELRS 2.4GHz Diversity Receiver
- MCU: ESP32 PICO D4, dual SX1280(SX1281)
- Telemetry power: 20dBm
- Weight excluding antenna: 1.1g
- RF Frequency: 2.4GHz (ISM)
- Antenna connector: IPEX MHF 1/U.FL
- Input voltage: +5V DC @ “+” pad
- Receiver protocol: CRSF
- PCB size: 22mm x 14mm
First True Diversity Receiver with TCXO
SuperD ELRS 2.4GHz Diversity Receiver is built-in a TCXO (temperature compensated crystal oscillator), which is shared by two RF chips for a super accurate clock source. The true diversity receiver including two RF chips and PA+LNA will generate a large amount of heat when working. With the high-quality TCXO, it can withstand extreme temperatures with no fear of heat and cold, continuously outputting accurate frequency for long-range flight.
Configuration & Bind
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the SuperD diversity receiver and the flight controller board. Take the flight controller using the Betaflight firmware as an example to introduce its wiring and port configuration.
Connect the flight controller to the Betaflight Configurator for basic configuration. First, on the "Port" page, enable the flight controller serial port (take UART1 as an example) as "Serial Rx".
On the configuration page, set Receiver Mode to Serial (via UART) and Serial Receiver Provider to CRSF.
The default firmware of the SuperD diversity receiver uses the ExpressLRS V3.0.0 protocol and has no preset binding phrase. Therefore, the firmware version of the transmitter module must be ExpressLRS V3.0.0 or later versions. Both the receiver and transmitter module should not have any binding phrase.
- Power on and off the receiver 3 times, each step pausing 2 seconds to enter binding mode;
- When the indicator starts fast blink with orange twice, the receiving is at binding mode;
- Enter the radio or transmitter module's binding mode to bind with the receiver; if the Indicator has turned solid, it indicates that the device has been bound successfully.
Note: After binding once, the receiver will remember the autosaved binding phrase and device. Further restarting of the device will be bound automatically without the need for a rebinding process.
The 2.4GHz default firmware is ELRS V3.0.0. If you would like to bind with a remote control or transmitter module, please upgrade it to V3.0.0 or above. If you would like to flash the latest official ELRS firmware for the SuperD receiver, please upgrade ELRS Configurator to V1.5.2 or above. Select the target device "BETAFPV SuperD 2.4GHz RX".
1* SuperD 2.4GHz Diversity Receiver
2* 2.4GHz T Antenna
1* 4-Pin Header
1* 4-Pin Wire Harness
1* Instruction Manual
2* Heat Shrink Tubing
Long Range-re is lehet használni, jó a hatótávja.
The product is very good!
It can also be used for Long Range, it has a good range.